The SEFCU credit union joined the holiday spirit handing out $50,000 to local charities. Donations went to the Rescue Mission, Catholic Charities, Meals on Wheels the Samaritan Center and the Northeast Community Center and Food Bank of Central New York. It was part of 250,000 donated to shelters and pantries statewide.
BELOW IS A LIST OF THE DONATION FOR EACH CHARITY
- Rescue Mission Soup Kitchen - $20,000
- Catholic Charities Men’s Shelter - $20,000
- Meals on Wheels of Syracuse - $5,000
- Samaritan Center - $2,500
- Food Bank of Central NY - $1,000
- Syracuse Northeast Community Center - $1,000
SEFCU has been donating to hunger and homeless based charities across the state for 6 years in a row.
Michael J. Castellana, President and CEO of SEFCU stated "We proudly support local food pantries and city missions in all of our markets to not only help our neighbors in need but to draw attention to the continued problem of hunger in our communities."
According to the Feeding America Meal Gap Map from 2013, over 63,000 people in Onondaga County did not know where their next meal would come from.