City Limits Talk Round Table: Legal Assistance
For those struggling with poverty entering into a legal dispute is not only a challenge but it could also become nearly impossible. Ranging from evictions, divorce, and court hearings without the means to acquire legal assistance some are left to fend for themselves and they might not be equipped to do so adequately.
Recently WAER held a City Limits Talk round table discussion centered around the topic of legal assistance and how it is impacting poverty in Syracuse. The discussion was moderated by WAER's News Director Chris Bolt.
The City Limits Talk panel included-
- Ron Boxx- Head of Reintegration, Center for Community Alternatives
- Langston McKinney- Retired Syracuse City Court Judge
- Sally Fisher Curran- Executive Director, The Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
- Richard Ellison- College of Law Professor at Syracuse University
- Dennis Kaufman- Executive Director, Legal Services of Central New York
- Linda Gehron- President & CEO, Hiscock Legal Aid Society